|Petscop (first episode)|
The first video. Started this whole mess.
The game I found
- 1 Summary
- 2 Transcription
- 0:00 PlayStation logo startup sequence.
- 0:30 Paul: "Alright, so, uh... This is just to, uh.. Prove to you, that I'm not lying about this game that I found. I'm just gonna walk you through everything that I've seen, so far. And, uh.. Obviously to be exactly as I described it, because this is it."
- 0:32 Start pressed, going from "Press Start!" to "Reading memory card..."
- 0:36 File list with all slots showing "Empty Game" appears.
- 0:38 Paul enters his name.
- 0:47 Paul finishes creating a file and chooses "Continue game".
- 0:50 Gift Plane loading screen.
- 1:02 The Gift Plane sign is read:
- 1:25 Paul: "And, uh.. The first level is over here. I'm just gonna keep going over here so you can see that, the game is apparently unfinished, because there's nothing over here. (Paul has walked to the right, past Even Care and past the end of the road.) So, I'm just gonna show you the one and only level. (Paul walks upwards towards and into Even Care.) This actually is not the interesting part, but I'm just, uh.. Gonna show you, gonna walk you through all this, so you can see that this is, exactly what I described."
This door is locked.
Or not, but you don't know how
Even Care Hallway
- 2:17 Reads the left sign. Collects the 3 in front of it.
When you're choosing a pet, find
You don't have to love them
- 2:22 Reads the right sign.
Don't be discouraged if they run
They're afraid. Show them that
- 2:32 Paul: "So, the first pet is in this room."
- 2:37 Collects the 6 along the south walls.
- 2:39 Reads Amber's trophy text.
It's a trophy, "awarded to our
"She hasn't left her cage once!"
- 2:46 Paul: "And, uh... First thing you gotta do is, uh... Let her out of her cage, and she just moves to the other one. (Paul flips the left switch down to open the left cage, and Amber jumps to the right area; Paul enters it and collects 5.) And then you... (Paul walks out and flips the right switch down, opening the right cage. Amber jumps back to the left area.) Do that, take the money here. (Paul enters the right cage and collects 6.) And then actually, you go over here, (Paul walks around the front and enters the left cage area, causing Amber to jump to the right one.) and, just does that, but if you, uh.. Do this, if you lock yourself in here, (Paul flips the left switch up, closing the cage, but walks upwards into it as it slides closed. Amber jumps back to the left, and is caught.) then he just.. Amber will just run over there."
- 3:22 Paul: "So, once you're in here you can find a little place here to.. Walk to the other side. So that's that."
- 3:22 Paul moves through the hidden path between the cages, collecting the 1 he left behind.
- 3:36 Paul: "I can't catch this one, I've tried. (Paul approaches Roneth. As he does, Roneth slides backwards, eventually rising upwards off the screen. Paul goes back and forth a few times, with Roneth coming down and rising up to stay away.) This is always what happens. So I don't know what's up with that one."
- 3:43 Paul: "So, uh.. Actually I should show you the pause menu."
We hope you are
enjoying the game.
- 3:47 Paul: (Selects 'Pets' from the menu.) "So... Here you can see all the pets... that you've, uh... collected. That you've caught."
Amber is a young ball.
She's afraid to leave home. If her
home is good, this is not a problem.
She is very heavy, and that makes
her life a little harder, as well as
What's the safest place you can
put her in? You should start
thinking about that.
- 4:00 Exits the Pets menu, and then exits the pause menu.
- 4:05 Leaves west back to Amber's Room. The switches are back up and the gates are closed; when Paul left to Roneth's room, the right switch was down and the right cage was open.
- 4:10 Paul: "Alright, so, second one here is sort of, uh... A music... One. (Paul steps on the piano keys and the view tilts to show the full room, with another copy of the player 7 keys away, and Pen another 2 keys further away.) The idea here is you have to get your clone over there to overlap with it. Uh, and, uh.. I'll just cut to the chase. (Paul steps on the conveyor belt and changes it to 6, 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...) You just set this to... Uh.. What is it? Seven. And, uh... Just like that.
- 4:40 Paul: "I don't totally get that one. But that's that."
Wavey and Randice's Room
- 4:51 Paul: "Alright, so this one is kind of interesting. Uh... So the idea is, if you went over here to catch the flower here, then you'll just get rained on.
- 4:56 Paul walks to Randice, who disappears into the ground, reappearing in the other patch of grass.
- 5:00 Paul: "What you're supposed to do is, (Paul walks to Randice's new spot in the right patch, and Randice disappears into the ground, reappearing in the left patch again.) whenever the flower comes over here, you notice, always comes to that exact spot over there, (Paul approaches Randice again, who moves back to the right patch.) which you can, uh..."
- 5:10 Paul begins walking into the bucket, pushing it towards Randice's spot on the left patch of grass.
- 5:10 Paul: "Get this bucket, to that exact spot. That the spot? Yeah."
- 5:18 Paul approaches Randice on the right side again. Randice disappears, "bumping" into the bucket placed on the left side. Wavey appears over the bucket and begins raining, collecting into the bucket; Randice appears slightly behind the bucket and appears to wilt.
- 5:23 Paul: "And then the... Then that happens, and you can just catch them both that way."
- 5:34 Paul: "OK. So, yeah, that's it for the... Actually that's everything. It's every single pet here, that I've been able to catch. Uh, so... Now I'm gonna show you the part that's actually interesting."
Roneth's Room revisited
- 5:46 Paul begins moving up towards Roneth, who again moves away, before stopping in the center of the room.
- 5:51 Paul: "Alright so, I still can't catch this guy."
- 5:53 The annotation to the right is displayed.
- 5:56 Paul: "The reason we're here is because in the note that came with this, uh.. Which is short, the first line, in all capital letters. I'm gonna read it, it says, "I WALKED DOWNSTAIRS, AND WHEN I GOT TO THE BOTTOM, INSTEAD OF PROCEEDING, I TURNED THE RIGHT AND BECAME A SHADOW MONSTER MAN." Below that, a date, uh... June 13th, 1997. "For you (colon). Please go to my website on the sticker, and also go to Roneth's room, and press start, and press down, down, down, down, down, right... start." So, I happen to know this is Roneth's room, because it works.
- 6:40 Paul: "So I go here, (Paul opens the Pause Menu again.) I'm just gonna do this now. Uh.. So is it, down down down down down right start."
- 6:50 The menu selection stops moving once it reaches the bottom of the list; after Start is pressed, a sound is heard and the game unpauses; the music has also stopped.
- 6:53 Paul: "Alright, so you can see that it accepted it, and the music stopped. I'm just gonna go out this way here."
Leaving Even Care
- 6:58 Exits west to Amber's Room. Unlike every transition seen so far, the screen fades to black and the time it takes to enter the next room is much longer (4 seconds), with the footsteps being heard the entire time.
- 7:04 Paul: "So, uh.. It appears to be the same, except... When I actually leave here, it'll be a little bit different."
Wandering the Newmaker Plane, Even Care Exit
- 7:30 Paul: "Alright." (Paul begins moving left and right, and then various directions, aimlessly.)
- 7:40 Paul: "So there's, uh... Nothing out here, as far as I've seen. But actually I think there is something out here. I just haven't seen it yet. Because, it sure seems like.. In this note here, it sure seems like, right, I'm supposed to come out here and look at something. I haven't found anything yet, but I'm thinking if I just keep walking around here I'm gonna find something eventually, I st-- I--"
Found the Cellar Door
- 8:04 Paul: "Hey so I was talking about how I couldn't find anything out here. Well, I just found this. And, uh... Last time I came out here I was walking around in this space, here, for over an hour, and this time I find this in less than 15 minutes. So... This is just luck, that I happen to find this. And, uh... I think if I were to restart my console right now I would not be able to find this again. Probably. Cause I don't remember what I... What I did. You know. All the directions that I went. So, uh... So I'm kind of scared to... You know, I wanna keep the console on until I figure this out. The situation is that I cannot open this door. Uh... I probably can open the door, but I don't know what to do. So, I thought I would just slip this in at the end. Uh... If you think you saw something that might provide a clue, uh... Please, let me know. Alright, that's it."
- 9:07 Video ends.