The video description was left blank.
Paul gets his first taste of the area Under the Newmaker Plane, after the Cellar Door mysteriously opens. Underneath it, he finds an Office, hears about Care, gets his first glimpse of the Frozen House, the School, and the Windmill, has a chat with TOOL, watches the Windmill for a few minutes, meets Tiara, and eventually works his way back up onto the Newmaker Plane where he began.
A little sparse for a summary, I suppose.
Points of interest
Quitter's Room Clock
While Paul is in the Quitter's Room, the clock on the wall can be seen two times:
|Before, 4:15||After, 4:20|
- 00:00 The player is facing upwards and standing to the right of the Newmaker Plane Cellar Door, which is closed.
- 00:16 A series of tones play and the door opens. The player has not moved.
- 00:24 Paul: "Hey, so, uh... The door opened on its own. Uh... I was just in the other room for... A couple of minutes, and I came back and the door was open. And I checked the recording, cause I was recording, and... the door just opens on its own, I didn't do anything. So... I'll take it, right? Uh... So, I'm gonna show you what's in here, now. I haven't seen it yet. So, uh... This could be interesting.
Under the Newmaker Plane
- 01:10 Paul appears on the stairs in the Furnace Room, facing downwards.
- 01:13 Paul: "Huh."
- 01:14 Paul collects the 4 left of the stairway.
- 01:18 Paul collects the 4 in the alcove at the bottom-right of the room.
- 01:24 Paul walks around and behind the vibrating, furnace-like object to the right of the stairs.
- 01:33 Paul exits through the opening at the left, into the Office Hallway.
- 01:34 Paul walks left, collecting pieces in groups of 4, 8, 4, 6, and 5.
- 01:38 A phone is barely audible coming from the left. As Paul approaches, it grows louder.
- 01:45 Paul: "That a phone?"
- 01:48 Paul exits through the opening at the left, into the Office proper. The phone continues to ring.
- 01:49 The Office is visible, with the phone animating as it rings.
- 01:52 Paul interacts with the phone, which animates to have its receiver upright.
"Care left the room."
- 01:57 Paul (with the message box still open): "What is this."
- 02:06 Paul checks the corkboard, showing the Care A/B/NLM Note.
- 02:08 Paul: "A, B, N-L-M."
- 02:17 Paul collects the 3 in the lower left of the office, walking around the lower part of the office for a moment.
- 02:20 Paul: "Uh..."
- 02:23 Paul exits left to the Building Photo Path.
- 02:26 Paul walks down the path towards the screen. The camera does not move, and Paul ends up walking far enough that the area becomes completely dark and his footsteps can no longer be heard.
- 02:32 Paul: "Nothin'!"
- 02:32 Paul returns from the bottom of the screen, walking upwards, collecting 3 groups of 4 pieces, totalling 12.
- 02:41 Paul reaches the first right turn of the path and looks at the picture of the Frozen House.
- 02:48 Paul exits the picture and heads right, collecting 4.
- 02:51 Paul turns left along the path, collecting another three 4-piece groups, for 12 more.
- 02:58 Paul reaches the second right turn, viewing the picture of the School. An ominous sound is heard.[todo: upload it to sounds]
- 03:03 Paul exits the picture and heads right, collecting 4.
- 03:05 Paul turns left along the path, collecting another three 4-piece groups, for 12 more.
- 03:12 Paul reaches the third right turn, viewing the picture of the Windmill.
- 03:19 Paul begins walking right towards the roadway. A car is heard from the right, travelling on it.
- 03:21 Paul stops before the path changes, collecting the bottom group of 5.
- 03:24 Paul: "This just keeps going."
- 03:24 Paul collects the top group of 5 and heads to the right. Another car, blue, drives down the roadway as it comes into view.
- 03:27 Paul walks across the road, collecting 1 out of the line of five.
- 03:29 Paul turns back and walks up the road, collecting 4. The camera does not move but stays even with the hallway.
- 03:31 Paul walks around this area, unable to see the player, but occasionally collecting unseen pieces, totalling 11.
- 03:34 Paul: "Uhh... Yeah."
- 03:50 Paul returns from the area behind the opening and walks the other way on the road, like with the downward path at the previous room. The camera stays fixed in place as his footsteps and light circle fade.
- 04:01 Paul returns from the bottom area and heads right, collecting a group of 6 near the opening to Mike's Grave, and then collects 4 more as he moves towards the Child Library Hallway.
- 04:14 Paul returns to the opening and exits north to Mike's Grave.
Under the Newmaker Plane, back half
- 04:22 Paul appears at the south enterance point in Mike's Grave.
- 04:23 Paul: "Hm."
- 04:24 Paul collects the 4 along the white fence to the left.
- 04:25 Paul: "Sorry for not talking very much! I'm a little bewildered, if you wanna know the truth."
- 04:30 Paul collects the 6 in front of the tombstone.
- 04:33 Paul collects the 5 around the rock at the bottom right.
- 04:35 Paul: "This is a little more than I was expecting to see."
1988 - 1995
Mike was a gift.
- 04:47 Paul: "That's a dead kid! ... Yep. ... (quietly) Hmm."
- 04:57 Paul exits the tombstone text.
- 04:59 Paul: "Yup."
The Daisy and Care NLM
- 05:00 Paul enters the Daisy Shack. The entire screen is tinted a slight red.
- 05:02 Paul: "'kay."
- 05:04 Paul interacts with the daisy, which jettisons one of its petals with a loud noise[todo: get dat sounds]. The red tint fades and the daisy lowers slightly.
- 05:06 Paul interacts with it again, jettisoning another petal, 7 times in total. Each time, the daisy lowers slightly, and the screen alternates between tinted red and being clear.
- 05:13 Paul pauses for a brief moment before picking another 6 petals, leaving 3 left. He then stops.
- 05:20 Paul: "Wait."
- 05:21 Paul exits the Daisy Shack and returns to Mike's Grave.
- 05:24 Paul turns around and enters the right opening into the basement of the Daisy Shack. Care NLM is atop a pillar of red ground topped with grass, and the stem of the daisy is visible.
- 05:24 Paul: "OK."
- 05:28 Paul walks around the daisy shack basement, going around the right side of the pillar. The camera and lighting are fixed and do not move; the player fades into darkness.
- 05:32 Paul walks around the other side of the pillar, with the same result.
- 05:38 Paul leaves the daisy shack basement again and returns to the upper floor. The daisy has three petals and is about even with the hole in the floor.
- 05:47 Paul interacts with the daisy 3 more times, removing the remaining petals. The circular bulb falls away and the screen stays tinted red.
- 05:52 Paul walks to the right of the hole and back; the camera and lighting in this room do not move, either, and the player fades into the dark again.
- 05:56 Paul returns, exits, and re-enters the basement again.
- 06:02 The screen is tinted red. The pillar has lowered and the grass is even with the gray tile; the gray stem of the daisy is still visible. Care NLM has taken on a stuttering, glitch-esque appearance.
- 06:04 Paul walks forwards, revealing that Care NLM is intangible and cannot be caught.
- 06:06 Paul: "OK."
- 06:10 Paul exits the basement, returning to Mike's Grave once more, occasionally walking left aimlessly while talking.
- 06:10 Paul: "Huh. Wait. I dunno. So when I first came down here, I thought I was just gonna see, like, one room. Uh. Like something, but not... this. Can I go in here? I can!"
- 06:30 Paul walks along the right side of the Daisy Shack, finding that there is an opening leading to the Back T Junction.
- 06:39 Paul walks up through the Back T Junction, turning left and entering the TOOL Hallway.
- 06:42 Paul picks up 6 in front of the building, stopping to look at the animating image on the wall briefly.
- 06:52 Paul enters the doorway to the TOOL Room.
- 06:54 Paul collects the first 4 in front of the doorway, and checks the drawings on the walls.
- 07:05 Paul collects another group of 2 as he moves to the right.
- 07:13 Paul checks the right wall of the room, before heading up to the alcove TOOL resides in and collecting 4.
- 07:20 Paul, seeing he can interact with TOOL: "Oh—"
- 07:21 Paul interacts with TOOL, bringing up the full-screen text-input with 'Ask: ?'.[todo: maybe a page for text inputs?]
- 07:25 Paul: "What?"
- 07:37 Paul enters "What" as the question and submits it; the prompt exits the screen.
- 07:39 TOOL: "I don't know", as drawn-out words written in pale red, lowers from above and circles around itself. (📝 POI: All of TOOL's responses are like this.)
- 07:42 Paul: "(snorts) ... know."
- 07:43 Paul walks around the left of TOOL, coming to the back wall with the screen showing camera's view of the Windmill. Unlike most things, the interaction symbol follows him as he moves along the back wall.
- 07:47 Paul opens the view of the Windmill, which is visible and turning clockwise.
- 07:54 Paul: "OK."
- 07:54 Paul exits the view and slowly walks around the right side of TOOL as its message changes.
- 07:55 TOOL: The previous message rises up and disappars. Two seconds later, another message comes down. "Keep watching the Windmill"
- 08:01 Paul: (surprised) "Uhhhh. ... Uhhhhh. (nervous laughter)"
- 08:08 Paul walks back up to the screen and resumes watching the Windmill, which is still visible and spinning clockwise.
- 08:11 A loud, reverberating noise[todo: rip and upload it] plays.
- 08:14 Paul: "...Oh."
- 08:22 The sound plays again.
- 08:36 Paul: "Alright, so, it's been like two minutes. And, uh, when those sounds were playing there was nothing happening as far as I could tell, and nothing has happened since. So, I'm just gonna keep going.
- 08:50 Paul: "There's already been stuff... That I could dig a little deeper into. And I'm gonna do that, uh, and keep you[todo: "you" = Jill?] updated."
- 09:02 Paul: "Uh... But also, uh... When you come home, next month, and, uh... Hopefully you're feeling a little more enthusiastic about that now. We can investigate this together..."
- 09:03 Paul returns to the Back T Junction and goes right to the Quitter Hallway, immediately collecting the 3 in front of him.
- 09:11 Paul passes the left Quitter's Room entrance, collecting 1 from the next group of 3, before doubling back and moving up to examine it. He collects 2 more before being blocked by a red-ground wall. He walks around in the blocked passageway for a few seconds.
- 09:15 Paul: (continuing) "... and maybe you'll find stuff that I can't find, here."
- 09:19 Paul exits the blocked passage and continues right, collecting the 2 he left behind and encountering the right entrance. He stops for a moment before heading up into it. (📝 POI: The transition to the hallway happens well before the wall, if it were present, would have blocked his progress.)
- 09:24 Paul enters a thin passageway on the way to the Quitter's Room proper. (📝 POI: Unlike the blocked side, there are no pieces here, and the passageway you enter is much thinner than it was outside.)
- 09:27 Paul enters the Quitter's Room, on the right (reversed) side.
- 09:31 Paul walks left, and encounters Tiara for the first time.
- 09:42 After walking around the room and watching Tiara mimic his movements, Paul walks behind the bookcase. The same tones that played when the cellar door opened play again, and Tiara no longer mimics the player's movements perfectly, as well as being delayed by about half a second. As this goes on, Tiara's movements are even further "incorrect".
- 09:47 Paul: "Uhh, what the fuck? ... Wait a second."
- 09:53 Paul stops moving and faces left. Tiara catches up, stops moving, and then snaps back to mimicking him perfectly. When Paul starts moving again, Tiara mirrors his movements exactly.
- 09:57 Paul: "What was that just now? Can I get that to happen again?"
- 10:02 Paul tries going back behind the bookcase, but nothing out of the ordinary happens.
- 10:06 Paul: "Wait. Uhh..."
- 10:13 A short jump cut. Paul (and Tiara) have gone from facing up against the wall, to facing downwards and being a bit further south.
- 10:14 Paul: "Hey sorry I had to look at that for a moment, uh... in the video. I was a little nervous. Uh... The tones, I think those were the same tones, uh... That you might have heard in the beginning, I'm gonna put in the beginning the part where the door opened. Uh..."
- 10:20 Paul occasionally moves around by the wall while talking. Tiara mirrors him.
- 10:33 Paul: "And also the way the guy, on the other side, was moving for a moment. I'm gonna... ask for your comment later on that. Um..."
- 10:43 Paul moves away from the middle wall, along the bottom side of the room, and then up to the top right, where a clock and note are on the wall. Paul checks the note.
- 10:42 Paul: "So I was looking around here. So, this is backwards, it says, uh... 'Do you remember being born?' Uh..."
- 10:55 Paul stops viewing the note and walks to the bottom of the room, where QUITTER'S ROOM is written on the ground.
- 10:55 Paul: "And this just says 'Quitter's Room'. So, interestingly, I'm on the, uh... Reverse side... here. Uh... Yeah. OK, so. Moving on."
- 11:09 Paul exits the Quitter's Room and heads down the passage.
- 11:13 Paul enters the Quitter Hallway and heads right, to the Back Stairway.
- 11:14 Paul walks north through the Back Stairway passageway, towards the stairs.
- 11:22 Paul ascends the stairs and leaves the room. The empty Newmaker Plane loading screen is shown.
Newmaker Plane again
- 11:27 Paul exits onto the Newmaker Plane, by the Newmaker Plane Back Door. He wanders around the door, eventually heading slightly east, then west, then back to the door.
- 11:29 Paul: "And I'm back up here again. This again..."
- 11:47 Paul: "Well, OK, I'm not gonna do that right now."
- 11:55 Paul stops moving, slightly south-west of the door.
- 11:56 Paul: "Alright, so, I'm gonna stop this now, actually."