The Windmill is a curious structure, the appearance of which changes depending on conditions.
- A small model of the windmill appears in some Child Library rooms.
- Another small model of the windmill appears in the of the Master Bedroom, inside the Frozen House.
- Petscop 2, when Paul visits the TOOL Room and interacts with the screen in the back. After checking it, TOOL floats a message reading "Keep watching the windmill", but nothing further happens. In this view, the windmill was fully visible.
- Petscop 4, when Paul realizes that the camera is directly above the TOOL room, and the windmill north of it. When checked, it is invisible.
- Petscop 6; the first portion of the video is a several-hours-long segment of watching the windmill from the TOOL Room; the windmill goes from visible to invisible some time after Marvin rotates the camera.
- Petscop 9, after Paul learns the Shadow Monster Man glitch, and enters the back of the windmill
The windmill may either be invisible and intangible, or visible, depending on certain circumstances.
- Marvin was in the Shadow Monster Man state for the entire time
- Viewing the windmill through the screen in the TOOL Room may show the windmill even the Shadow Monster Man state is not active
In other cases, the location of the windmill, north of the camera, is normally occupied by a semi-transparent platform, floating slightly off the ground, shifting back and forth regularly. In this state, it cannot be interacted with.
Inside the Windmill
|Inside the Windmill|
Using the White TOOL
Interacting with the white TOOL will make it rise and approach the pile of pieces, as the screen fades to black. After the screen has faded, Paul is awarded 50. Once the pieces have finished counting up, the screen fades back in.
At this point, the pieces and the girl are gone, and the gears are now rotating in the opposite direction. Upon exiting, the reverse of direction has affected the rotation of the windmill's blades as well.
On top of the pile of pieces and the larger gear is a pink, conical piece, topped with the head of a girl. The girl's face is also on a sign on the left, in the same form as the faces on the Flower Shack and Mike's Grave. Accordingly, this face can be entered into the Child Library.